Local Love: Esbert's Collection

Hello hello it's Thursday yo!
So guys, I give my apologies as this latest lot of local love may be just bit behind schedule... but reeally, I was strategically building suspense for the loveliness that is ahead... So let me introduce to you all, Dominique - the extremely talented hands, brain and heart behind Esbert's Collection - Brisbane's own toy and accessories label, complete with characters called Hank, Donald and Herman (that's instant attraction right there).


When I stumbled across her etsy store recently, I wiped the dribble off my keyboard (gross, and not entirely true...) and immediately bookmarked it. And with some further stalking, I found her forever inspiring art blog too! For one so young, her work is so accomplished! (this piece is definitely a favourite) So the only logical step after all this dribble and stalking, was to harass her for the lo down on how her cute critters, dashing fellas and fun brooches come to life... 

What inspires you to create?
Everything, I love to look around and even the most mundane of things can spark inspiration and ideas. I love looking at what people make, I am constantly on the internet finding lots of wonderful ideas to try and ideas that could help improve my work

How did Esbert's Collection come about?
I started Esbert's Collection out of a creativity slump, I had just started studying and it was so dry and clinical I needed something bright and colourful back in my life, something to get my hands into and keep them busy. 

Apart from Esbert's Collection - what do you like to do with your time?
I love to draw, paint, take photos, day dream and internet searching. I also have another blog called Hello Geronimo (my alter ego artist name) it is a place for me to share my work and feature artists that inspire me. 

Where do you think you would like to be in a few years?
I can't wait to graduate this year so I can start working and making money to travel, there are so many wonderful places in this world and I don't want to miss out on any of it! I also want to keep working and moving forwards with my designs pushing myself to make something different. 

Where is your favourite spot in Brisbane?
Oh gosh, there are so many wonderful places around Brisbane, I love to visit GOMA and the art gallery and I have been wanting to go and have a look at the newly renovated museum.

What are you most looking forward to in 2012?
I have so many new ideas I want to start working on, I will be aiming to have a stall at Supanova at the end of the year I really enjoyed doing that last year. I also want to keep working on my art and hopefully start producing works to sell as prints. 


What I've included here barely scratches the surface, so be sure to check out the etsy store, blog/s and facebook page! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...