Sunday Sounds: Ball Park Music


I'm not feeling very wordy tonight, so I'll keep it brief...
This weeks musical love comes in the form of Brisbane band Ball Park Music. This love is definitely a direct result of their completely killer set last night at the Hi-Fi. I had never been to the Hi-Fi as it opened just before I left, and I was impressed - it's a pretty great venue! It was such a change from the last time I saw Ball Park Music, over 2 years ago, for free, at Rics. Who would have known they'd be as big as they are now?! The crowd went nuts for every song and the energy was fantastic - it was a great way to spend a night out!
One of my favourites has to be 'Sea Strangers' (their first major release). It conjures some vague memories of Brisbane before I left for the big OE, and 'iFly' is also wonderfully infectious (just watch out for the swearing, if you're sensitive to that kind of thing...).
I'll definitely be buying up their current album (yes, I'm behind the 8 ball), and judging by the preview of their new tracks last night, I'll be snapping up the second album too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...